Saturday, December 22, 2012

My Angel is 3 Months Old!

Dec. 22, 2012

Three months today I had to "physically" let get go of my Isabelle.
She will forever and always remain in my heart. My arms feel empty and I still feel a bit lost.  The pain is still very raw. Everything about my body is telling me that I should have a baby in my arms, even my mind tries to tell me this - but the reality of it all tells me something totally different.
Looking out the window the other day watching the leaves swirl around aimlessly reminded me of how I felt - like those leaves.

This is not going to be a "easy" Christmas for me.  I am grateful for Chloe and my loving husband Adam - I am not sure how I would be without them.

This will be my baby's first Christmas in heaven! 


Setting up a Christmas tree this year wasn't something I WANTED to do, but knew I had to for my daughter, Chloe.  She needed to have that AWW moment when she got to see a Christmas tree all lit up.  I decided to set it up while she was napping that way it was REALLY a surprise for her when she woke up - and it was! I am glad now, that my husband drug it out of storage and that I set it up; Chloe just loves to look at it, touch it and tell me what colors she sees.  She brings the JOY of Christmas to me.
 

In my next few posts I will be "backing up" to the day we found out Isabelle had to be delivered.... to catch up so it, my story, our journey will make more sense. It, again, may take me some time but THANK you all for your patience, understanding and for following my blog! 
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL!  

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, Angie. All of you are in our thoughts and prayers. We wish you a Merry Christmas, Izzy is a very special angel....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following and Thanks for the thoughts and prayers, they are very much appreciated! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas ~ and have a blessed New Year!

      Delete
  2. Angie, hopefully writing in you blog will help your heart to heal. Keep it up! Merry Christmas my little sister. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just hope that people who read it enjoy reading it! I know when reading blogs from other parents it helped me put my feelings into words when I was so lost when learning about Izzy's heart, so I HOPE my blog does that for other parents who are just learning of their babies heart condition! I does help me a little.... but I'd give anything to actually have Izzy in my arms instead! Love you too!

      Delete
  3. Hello, That Christmas letter is exactly what I needed to read this morning. I wish I could of read it before Christmas, but I am just glad I read it. I have 2 baby boys that were born with HLHS, both are angels now. Maverick passed away November 23, 2012 at al most 9 months old and Kingston passed away May 1, 2011 at 11 1/2 months old. You can read their stories at http://heartofmk.blog.com/

    ReplyDelete